Friday, August 01, 2008

Technology...Isn't it Wonderful?

Jack talking to Grandma on our trusty Mac.

Jack loves one of Nathan's old remote controlled cars we found in a closet.

So, technology at the Garvin house has reached a new level of importance. The other day I was working (from my home office) and Jack was sitting on the loveseat listening to Grandma read a story via the computer and I just thought "what would I do without computers right now?" I literally am able to crawl out of bed at 7:50...throw on some clothes (or stay in my pajamas) and walk approximately 50 steps to work. Lunch breaks are spent with my family and laundry and household chores are completed during my "coffee" breaks. It really is wonderful! 

And then the capability of Jack being able to chat with his grandparents and extended family on the computer has been so nice as well. He's finally at an age where this form of communication works. Lately my mom has been reading him stories over iChat. She shows him the pictures and he is totally into it. He always requests one more. If our computer fails on us, I'm in trouble.

No comments: