Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Sweet Sounds of Colic

I apologize for the delay in posting. Things have been a little rocky here the past few weeks as it seems our sweet little Caroline has some serious colic (and reflux). Last week for four days in a row we heard this kind of screaming for 4-6 hours straight. I only wish I was exaggerating! We have tried everything... The doctor thinks it may be related to reflux so she's started taking Prevacid. We also found this wonderful stuff called 'gripe water'. It's herbal and really seems to soothe her. She also has found joy in being swaddled. So, we're just trying to make it through and are hoping she grows out of this stage quickly. The other day she actually wasn't crying and Jack said 'Mom, she's happy'. I was like 'yeah, she is happy...it's  a miracle'. 

4 comments:

ellieandavasmommy said...

We used gripe water with Ava and it was wonderful!!! Hope she's better soon! This too shall pass!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt Debs said...

Other home remedy is the clothes dryer. I used to put Anne Marie on a warm towel and let her ride on top of the dryer belly down. I guess the warmth really helps since you mentioned swaddling.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Oh, bless you're heart! I can relate, unfortunately. I do hope she will outgrow this soon. I never tried the gripe water. Maybe I should have...maybe I should now.