Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Halloween Dilemma

So, this appears to be the first Halloween where Jack has a mind of his own and keeps vetoing all of my costume ideas. I really wanted him to be a monkey and then dress Caroline like a banana, but he has informed me he does not want to be a monkey. We've been looking at costumes online and he saw a Batman costume. Thanks to the toys they are currently distributing at McDonalds, he now wants to be Batman. He's never even seen Batman and had no idea who he was prior to receiving the cheap little toy at Old McDonalds (as he calls it). I'm not sure how I feel about him dressing up like a superhero. It seems so dark for a 2 1/2 year old. Am I being one of those crazy overprotective moms? I need some feedback. So, if you'd like to give your opinion follow the link below to fill out a quick (2 question survey).

Click Here to take survey

9 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

all boys love super heroes, right? i say let him.

last year T$ was Dorothy from THe Wizard of Oz. we've still never watched the movie(too scary) but I just told her who she was and she was ok with that. plus, the costume was free...always the best.

i do like your monkey and banana idea, though. my mind is too far gone to even think about coordinating cosutmes. T$ is going to be a "fancy cat" courtesy of Meme and The Children's Place. And theEdge is going to be a pumpkin, T$'s leftover costume.

Anonymous said...

Great choice..! Batman costume is very popular and perfect for Halloween.

auntlainee said...

i love that you made a survey....so very Lynsi of you! I say do what you want...but I was Batman one year....so I would be happy to have Jack follow in my footsteps! :) Love you!

bcantrell said...

I'd imagine Jack doesn't have a clue of the "darkside" of any character. To him Batman wears a cape and comes to the rescue... no harm, in my opinion. I like your monkey & banana idea though... I'm always a fan of the original costumes myself. I'm trying to come up with a costume "set" for my two girls - 3 & 1.

ellieandavasmommy said...

hahah! Ava and Ellie are going to be a monkey and a banana?!? anyway, I think it is better for him to be batman now, since he doesn't know who he is....but I also know that in years to come, you will have even less of a voice, so "make" him be what you want while you can!! :-)

george said...

Pick a less dark super hero, Iron Man, Spider Man, Superman, or Hellboy (ok just kidding on the last one)

Anonymous said...

Having had a ninja turtle last year all I can tell you is that boys will be boys. Enjoy it! At least he knows what he wants and not why he wants it.... Who knows when he gets to look at other costumes he might change his mind too.... just a thought!

Aunt Debs said...

survey says. . . .?

Anonymous said...

Ok...hopefully this wasn't a "trick" verses a "treat"...we're dying out here in blog land wondering what in the world Jack and Caroline were for Halloween??? Hope you guys had a great first Halloween with double trouble...Jack + Caroline and everyone is smiling after all the tricks & treats! m&k&t :)